Finally, a place of my own

Not one of my first blog posts from Oslo, but definitely the first post about Oslo. Yes, finally, I moved in to a single bedroom accommodation here, a place completely to myself. Not that I was looking forward to it (after seeing the rooms of Anil and Linesh), but since the apartment is not a single room, I am now happy with it. Moved in here yesterday, thanks to Kiran, Anil, and Babaprakash; they helped me move all my belongings which I collected over the last two months. You cant believe, it was 4 suitcases, 2 bags and a few carry-bags. Before you open your eyes any bigger, 2 suitcases were full of consumables only, and I filled two since I wanted to distribute the weight. Those two are empty now, as I have fully restored my kitchen area, my bedroom and wardrobe needs attention now.
A place of my own ... yes. A place of my own means a lot to me. It means I get 30 minutes of extra sleep in the morning, it means I can cook whenever I want, it means I can use any utensil I want, it means I can keep my clothes anywhere (not that I will), it means I can eat anything I want, it means I can wash clothes anytime I want, it means I have the whole couch to myself, it means I can know how much hair I am loosing, it does mean a lot.
It also means I do not have a real person to talk to, it also means I do not have to judge anyone's cooking, it also means I have to clean the whole house myself, it also means I will be feeling lonely, sometimes.
Jokes apart, it is the first time I will be staying alone. Not that I am dreading it, I am actually looking forward to it.
To describe my new "home", as you enter the hall and kitchen is on the left, moderately sized. In front is a small balcony (maybe 3x3), and right the bathroom, and the bedroom. The bathroom is cramped, but the bedroom is fine, at least I can walk around my bed freely. From the bedroom I can see the bronze-rusted Hospital tower (of Ullevål sykehus [ å is pronounced as 'a' as in 'ball' ]), from balcony it is the other apartment building and trees. The hall has a couch (on which I am sitting right now) and a table (on which my lappy is sitting right now), a TV on another table, another small bed-side table (on which my plant is sitting), a dining table with two garden chairs (yes it is funny), an the kitchen area on one end.
Kitchen is moderate too, oven, microwave oven, 4 induction plates stove, timed exhaust, coffee maker, tea maker, and refrigerator.
The area is quiet, coming from the earlier house, it feels odd. In the night I can hear what my neighbours are talking! Both bus and tram stops are near, the tram stop is like inside a jungle, feels like I am in some hill station. The bus stop is quiet busy always, with people coming to the hospital.
That's all for today, I am not promising, but I will try to write everyday from now on. I swear i have two incomplete drafts here, which I will post soon.

Comments

Popular Posts