A Blind Date

I was a bit nervous (like I shamelessly declared on FB), after all this was my first blind date. Though I have heard about her a lot, I haven’t actually seen her. My heart was beating fast in anticipation. Though the Bangalore traffic tried to play a spoilsport, still I managed to make it there at time. And the experience was awesome. When I first saw her, I was shocked, soon the shock transformed into wonder. I was there, sitting awestruck for about 2.5 hours. As she told her story, how it all started, how she was dragged into all these, it was like a movie playing in front of my eyes. I danced when she danced, I cried when she cried, I killed when she did. I never noticed how the seconds flew by. With her amazing story-telling I was spellbound to my seat. Never did I hate her for what she did, I felt all she was searching for was true love, and when it failed, she was revengeful. It reflected some part of my character too. So, it was easy for me to relate too. Whatever she did was for a reason, you can argue that all murderers have a reason, but still in this case I will always take her side. Was I amazed by her beauty like all the other men? Maybe, I was. Was I attracted to her? Maybe, I was. The strength of her character was more attractive than anything else.

But, finally it comes down to if I enjoyed it or not. Yes, I did. I enjoyed every moment of her story, I enjoyed every moment with her. And as I bade Suzanna or Anna or Sultana a goodbye, I found myself in a mixed mood. Yes, it was dark, it was darker than the Dark Lord, but who doesn’t have a dark side. Everyone does, it is just what we choose to follow, the darker side or the brighter side, which defines who we are. And I know who I am, for sure.

Comments

Popular Posts