The Year that was

We are coming to the end of this year, the decade actually. This is the time when we actually look back and see what we achieved and what we didn't in this year. Though I know that I have not been a regular blogger this year, but still I would like to share my take on this year with a promise that I will be a better blogger in 2011. (Yay! I got a new year resolution!) I am writing this one day early since I will be travelling to Cochin/Alleppey tonight (more about that in my next post).

Year 2010 was the first year since 2005 in which I completely spent all the 365 days in India (now that is an achievement!). So, let me start chronologically:

· January 2010: Totally frustrated soul, that happens when your workplace becomes hostile towards you. The relief was a wedding, of my cousin brother, hence got some time out of the boring managers and colleagues into my family. The wedding was great, enjoyed a lot. Specially the birthday celebration of a cousin after the marriage, where we were playing with the cream (of the cake!) like we do in Holi. Everyone was running around and putting cream on every other face. That was real fun.

· February 2010: Capgemini offer got confirmed. So, now both my legs were already outside the gate of Infosys. More or less finalized on accepting the offer. Senior managers were afraid of asking me directly, but asked through Rohit. I told him I have decide to quit.

· March 2010: Freedom at last. 100% quitting Infy and joining Capgemini in April. The weight was lifted and went happily for the dissertation at BITS Pilani. The trip was ok-ok as I wanted to roam around Delhi but no company and the heat made it impossible. Came back after a successful presentation and collected my relieving letter on 31st March 2010. Met quite a few interesting people this month.

· April 2010: New place, new people. Got used to it in 1 week. The environment was very similar to the Infosys which I joined in 2005. Training started.

· May-July 2010: Busy with work. More or less accustomed now. Team mates were awesome. Work was ok, then interviews. Went on a trip to Kemmanagundi. The four of us, awesome experience, especially the rickety room in which we spent the night.

· August 2010: Got my first DSLR, a Canon 1000D. Next day I was out on a bike trip to Somanathpura. Both the rider and the camera was awesome. Fell in love with 50mm prime lens. Got one within the month. Haven’t stopped making beautiful people look better since then!

· September 2010: Things started going wrong, actually it started going wrong from the previous month itself. I was literally shattered, few wonderful people helped me pull out of the crisis. But it was not easy, still I managed to enter into a truce with myself.

· October 2010: Durga puja! Had a great time at home, visited my childhood place, old school, old acquaintances and old gossips. Felt sad seeing the poor state of the township which was once a booming place. Really, how the Government does not care at all about the PSUs!

· November-December 2010: The best time of the year. The weather is great. Made few bike trips nearby. Learnt a lot from the trips. My team mates became my great friends. Arranged a Christmas Party for the first time and it was a huge success.

As I am finishing this off, I am also preparing for the Kerala trip right now; with my awesome colleagues. All preparations are done, house-boat is booked and plans for 31st night is well set. Hope this will be a bigger success and we start our New Year on a sweet note.

To summarize, it has been a wonderful year. A emotional roller-coaster ride. Met many new people, some good, some bad, some great. Set footprints on few more places on this Earth, hoping to do the same the next year too. Completed my MS this year. Finally made the much needed switch. And I bought a house!

I thank my best friend Achintya, for being there with me always, I thank Rajarshi and Anirban for supporting him J. Thanks to Okra, Jerry and Deep for helping me out in the crisis situation. I thank Manish, Shalini, Prasiddhi, Satish, Vimal and Syed for making my workplace a fun-place. Lastly, I thank Saaz for making me the person I am right now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comments

Popular Posts