The Person who sees you off

Do you know that the person(s) who sees you off are the ones that love you most? Yes, they do. They are not there just to see you going safely, they are there to be with you for some more time. They do not think how will they get back after you are gone. They surely care about you. Be it airport, railway station or even your local bus stop, they will be there till you actually board the vehicle and wave your hand. They will wait till the train actually starts moving. They will stand along with you at the bus stand even though your bus might be running very late. They will be there till they see your bus leaving and vanishing out of sight. They will wait till your flight actually takes off.
The best example I can give are your parents. No parent will ever miss the opportunity to see of their child(ren) (unless they are unwell). Same with mine too. My Mom was there, all crying and smiling when I went outside India for the first time. Both my parents were there when I went for the second time (my mom again crying and smiling at the same time). They are always at the airport whenever I come back from Kolkata. They are there to receive me as well.

The day when I came to Bangalore first time is still etched in my mind. It was 24th July 2005. It was for this one person that I could decide in one day that I will leave my studies and come to Bangalore for the job. It was about 11 pm of 24th, and this person was there at the airport to receive me. And me, I was so relieved to see, since I was making my maiden flight that night. The feeling was great; the feeling of being cared is surely great.

The same person was awake at 5 am the very next morning to take me to Majestic (KBS), to see me off as I was going to Mysore to start my career. I don't think I was that grateful that time, as much as I am now when I look back and recollect those memories. It is a really sweet memory, in case I get attacked by dementors (ref: Harry Potter Series), I guess that will be the memory that I would like to use to bring back my happiness.

The same person was there to see me off when I made my first International flight too. Trying to be happy when the person knew that both Christmas and New Year was ruined.
But things do change with time.


PS: Guess I will start being regular on the blogs from now and write small pieces rather than writing one long story.

Comments

Popular Posts