Diary of a Promoted Manager

11th March 2010, 10:00 PM


Another great day ends in my greatest life. It was not different than any other day. So, what did I do today. Many things.

  • I ran around to all my developers to check how much time will they take to complete the work given. They were blabbering about some problems, but I did not hear. Anyway, all those technical terms go above my head. I really do not understand anything except the time taken to complete. I do not give a damn to the problems they are facing, they should solve their own problems.
  • I attended some design discussions just for the sake of it. I don't remember anything that was being discussed, even I do not know why was the discussion called. Just made my presence felt.
  • Some more issue had come on the latest release made by this team. These developers do not know how to code, what if there is no test environment, can't they create their own environment. I had tested my VB applications myself on my PC. I assigned this to the best guy, let him fix sitting late in the night.
  • I shouted on another developer for not fixing other's issues. It is a team work after all.
  • The DM asked about the recent bugs, I blatantly blamed on that shitty developer. He should pay for his haughty behaviour.
  • As usual I did not approve time-sheets, nor did I add any task. Who is going to look into that, anyway with my estimates it will overshoot the project metrics 200%, why keep the record then.
  • I finally got two fools working in my project, I know they can't do anything, but if I can survive in this project, so can they. It is all about charisma.
  • That ***** guy, threatened me that he will quit the company, I have clearly told him you can quit, but as per company policy you will have to server for 3 months. By that time, I will get him to do all bogus documentations.
  • I took care of the issue faced by the other team, so what if my team members took their time off to fix their problem. I will get all the credit of helping others.
  • The 2 hour lunch was awesome. I also drove my kid back to house in the evening.
  • Gave 1.5 hours gyan to a developer who was leaving at 6 pm. He should know to work till 10 pm, even if his work is done, he should help others. Even if he does not like his job, I am under no obligation to provide him quality work, if company is paying him, he should be ready to do anything.

Still don't think the day was perfect. Could not find time to check my ICICI Direct account.And all those newspapers were stale by the time I layed hands on it in the afternoon. Should reach office tomorrow early so that I have the fresh newspapers. Signing off for today.

Comments

Popular Posts