Unlucky

I really find it hard to believe what happened to me each time I came to India from abroad, specifically London. Call it co-incidence or some prejudice, but really these kind of things freaks me out. These incidents make one believe in superstitions. Because when you can't find explanation, blame it on someone or something else. The story goes this way. I went onshore twice. And I came back three times (one extra for a holiday). And each time I came, I did not have a nice flight, something or the other went wrong.

1st Instance: I was flying to Kolkata from London on Air India. The flight was via Mumbai and the weather was really bad. It rained heavily and so the flight to Kolkata was canceled. I was in Mumbai at 11:30 pm, only to know that the connecting flight is canceled. The first thing that struck my mind was what about the luggage. It was supposed to be checked in till Kolkata. My fears came true and after 3 hours I was not able to find my luggage. Apparently, there were no (un)loaders available dur to the rain. Finally, collected the luggage from near the aircraft where it was lying. A hell of an experience and this was my first international travel.

2nd Instance: Again, traveling from London to Kolkata. From last experience, I took a direct flight with BA. But it seemed that very day there was so much fog in Kolkata that the flight could not land. Not sure where all the fog came when there was hardly any cold this winter in Kolkata. After flying round and round for 1 hour the flight was re-directed to Hyderabad for refueling. And the great thing, the crew had to rest 12 hours, so I was stuck in Hyderabad for 1 whole day. It was really frustrating to have a forced trip. Finally made to the destination after 24 hours and lots of grievances.

3rd Instance: I was traveling from London to Bangalore, via Mumbai. Air India, again. This was last Sunday, and I considered it really impossible to have flood in Mumbai in this time of year. But this was something different. My check-in bags didn't reach Bangalore. I was like amazed. How can something or other happen to me each time I fly from London! The good thing is the Bangalore Air India staff were really helpful, and I didn't have to cal anyone, they themselves came to me and filled my lost luggage report. And I got the luggage delivered at my home today.

Moral: Probability of luggage loss is 66.67% in an International flight and probability of flight changes due to fog in winter is 100%.

Comments

Anoop said…
Only these problems occur in India's International flights.
Sownak said…
No, I have heard British Airways has the record in luggage losing.

Popular Posts