Ipswich Nostalgia

Its been one whole week since I came back to India after a nine month long vacation in Ipswich, East of England. I say vacation, because everyday I felt like that. The serene and calm town of Ipswich and the cool (actually very cold) weather of England make you feel that you are on a holiday. There is no rush on the streets, it took only 20-25 minutes to reach office and return, that too in a public bus. Also, the work here for me was not much hectic (I know there are guys who will kill me for this comment). Lots of time to spend on yourself and your hobbies. I really utilised the time brushing up my cooking and painting skills. I completed two oil painting's here. One was 100% original. Also, cooked some new dishes which you can see in the same blog (more to come).
So, what all I miss about Ipswich? Of course the weather, its very hot in Bangalore, but it never used to be this hot. Anyways, we are only responsible for the global warming. Then, starting from my house there, I miss the view from 4th floor. I miss the kitchen where I spent so many hours in a day (well, after office).
Then, I miss the small town, Ipswich. The docks and the long walks by it at anytime of the day. I miss the window shopping in town centre. Though this time did quite a bit of shopping, grabbing the best deals. I miss the smell of hot dogs and fresh doughnuts in the market. I miss Tesco, Sainsbury, Primark, Debenhams. I miss Raja stores which was like lifeline providing me with every kind of fish I wanted (Bengalis can't live without fish).
I miss Cineworld and the unlimited card too. That is the best thing in Ipswich, all problems and all worries seem to disappear with the unlimited card. With only 11.99 pounds, we could see any number of movies. I have missed very few, even seen the worst movies which I would never have watched in my lifetime.
Above all, I miss my roomies. The trio from Pune: Prankur, Praveen and Krishna (in order of seniority). I wonder how well I got along with them. It is not like that we did not have problems, but they were more like family ones, really small. I am grateful to them to bear me for 9 months, because I am known for being haughty and arrogant. I really miss them, no idea when in life we will meet again.
I miss the dishes we used to create every night. I miss the time we spent together helping each other create a palatable dish, but ending up with making something great. I miss the joy afterwards.
I miss the bad jokes of Prankur. And his Rajma curry.
I miss the gyans of Praveen and his self-obsessive dialogues. I also miss his mixed vegetable curry. I miss the company he used to give me at the movies. Sometimes, it was kinda gay, but what the heck.
I miss the raita prepared by Krishna. I also miss his cricket craziness and his loud conversations.
I can really say I had a awesome time with you all. And the send-off that you two gave me was awesome. Crazy like anything, drinking champagne at 3 am, that is surely something.






Comments

Raja said…
"I am known for being haughty and arrogant" - ke bhabe eta?
Sownak said…
aache oneke, tui chinis naa

Popular Posts